what vivid life moments?

A writing and memory exercise.

Here is my attempt to record some of those memories as completely as possible, the ones that pop into one's mind at unexpected moments. It could be something that happened years ago, an unimportant second from another lifetime, totally forgotten until now.

So here is my random diary of unimportant moments, we'll see how it goes.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

that woman is surprisingly attractive

St. Mark's place in the East Village, New York City, late 80's, teenage me.  Walking along the sidewalk, there is a radiant goddess strutting royally, looking confidently straight ahead, like she "just don't care."  Or rather, to put it more accurately, her boobs are.  Although I am a straight woman as far as I know, I couldn't not stare at her magnificent boobs, pushed up and glowing like the only two planets in the universe.  She sees me staring and she smiles!  Could she be cultivating reactions such as mine?  A moment later I notice that she is surrounded on all sides by a silent troup of.....cool people.  Oh, also she is dressed like Gretel, side braids and all. A very slutty, hot, Gretel that you wouldn't take home to mama. 

This is a person who, unlike my teenage self, definitely craves attention.  Which is one reason this moment stands out so much for me, as I was the complete opposite at that time in my life.  The energy she exuded, was just something that had never occured to me.  What an idea, what a new possibility of being!  For one moment in the east village, the ying and the yang collided.

Of course it was Madonna!  Now if you live somewhere like New York or LA, you know that you run into celebrities often and you're supposed to feel cool by acting like you don't care and you're really busy with your own great life.  In my teenage defense I would like to say that I didn't at that moment actually recognize consciously who she was, and also she's alot...shorter and more petite that one would expect.  There.

Whew.  I had to wait until the kids were in bed before I could write this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment